Journey was formed to provide 40+ single parishioners of The Church of Saint Thomas More with the opportunity to form a community within the parish where they can meet and socialize with other singles who share their Catholic beliefs and values.
Monthly Social & Potluck
If you are 40+ and single, divorced, separated, or widowed and you would like to meet some of your fellow parishioners, come and join us at our monthly social held every second Thursday of the month in the St. Thomas More modular building. The social includes a potluck but as a first time visitor we do not expect you to bring a dish-to-pass; just show up at 6:30 PM to meet our members, enjoy their cooking, and find out what activities we are planning for the coming month.
- Provide an organized venue for 40+ single parishioners to socialize with other singles in a spirit of Catholic fellowship
- Meet its members SPIRITUAL, EMOTIONAL and SOCIAL needs through participation in parish, charitable outreach, and social activities
- Encourage and foster long-term friendship and camaraderie among its members.
- Help members to continue to grow in faith and love as individuals and as a community.
The members of Journey who belong to our Calendar Committee plan an extensive list of monthly activities. We usually have 15 to 20 activities scheduled for each month so members have a variety of activities that they can choose from to meet there individual needs. Examples of some of our activities are:
- Recreational & Intellectual Activities: Hiking; Bowling; Trivia; Bunco; Book Club, Movie Night.
- Dining: Monthly brunch; Pizza party; Monthly mixer; Special dinners.
If you would like more information, you can email Journey. We will be happy to answer any of your questions and will send you a copy of the latest Journey News with a listing of the activities planned for the current month.